Question

Bigg1400

Store credit cards for bad credit

Kohl's or Target or Wal-Mart

I got accepted at Kohl's with a score just under 600 (585 or so) shot my credit up to 605. I've worked hard to keep the total balance under 10% of the card limit ... that's the key. I was approved for 300 and now i make sure there is no more than $20 owed at a time. What I do is go in, shop, use the card for only the amount of cash i have on me at the time. I pay using the card at checkout and then turn around and use cash to pay on my card. I've jumped my credit again in just a few months doing this to a 628. Remember one missed payment could set you back all that hard work you've been doing. 

Kolhs is a great one. I got one when I was in the very bottom of the credit pool & it kicked off my credit score rebuild. Granted, I use it one a year, pay it off & thats it, but its monthly reporting that is huge for your score. I'd love to cancel it now, but its my oldest line of credit so it has to stay. If your only looking to boost the credit score quickly, look into a savings secured loan from your credit union. Seriously costs you nothing & it rockets your score. 

Store Credit Cards for Bad Credit

I had a 400 plus credit score and took advantage of fingerhut fresh start. You pay $40 down on a purchase and they will give you small payments. Paid it off in 4 months now have a $400 open credit line. Victoria's Secret was the only company out of 8- 10 I applied for that approved me... started me at $300...its been almost 2 years and I am at 640. I was very lucky that I did not have to start with a secured credit card but they do work and your limit will raise very fast with Capital One Master card. Hope this helps. Credit Karma has been god sent :)

Disabled Army Vet

My Credit Score sucked. Have a mortgage and no other credit. Score was 420. Had a few late payments. This works, refined my house to 2.25 %, I was approved for a Kohl’s card $300. Ordered a secured credit card from Capitol One, only had to put $49 dollars down. Ordered an Indigo card (Scary) and in two months score went from 420 to 580. Going to stay on time with everything. Added my wife to cards so her score would go up. Hers went from 580 to 710. GO FIGURE! Try not to miss a payment. Do the auto draft each month and try to keep your balance down...I make 3 to 6 payments each month in small amounts.

secured credit cards

I have collections and charge offs. I was able to get a $500 unsecured victoria secret credit card, I don't use the card, I keep it open t lower my credit utilization I am starting to improve my credit with secured credit cards and self lender loans. After a while, your credit will improve and you will be able to get approved for more cards.