Question

Tuskers

Store card or another bank card?
I have a score of 713. I have two Master cards and that's it. Should I apply for a dept. store card or another bank card? Which one helps my score more?

It depends on how you use your credit cards. If you carry a balance month to month, then go for a low interest credit card. If you pay your balance in full each month to avoid the interest then I would suggest a cash back rewards card (such as Chase Freedom or Discover It Card). As with store cards, I don't think store credit cards are bad if used wisely, but if used for the wrong reason(s), they could kill you in interest.

Rewards card, pay it off every month.