Question

casita10

Statute of limitations in Arizona
Arizona statute of limitations is 6 years. I have accounts that should have dropped off in 2014 but they still appear on my credit report. How and can I request they be removed?

That is probably the statute of limitations on creditors or debt collectors suing in court to obtain judgement. The Credit Reporting Time Period is 7 years for all states as far as I know. Find out what date the first missed payment was that lead to the charge off or delinquency (DOFD) and add 7 years. If you are close to the 7 year mark, contact the three credit bureaus and ask them for an Early Exclusion on the accounts.

I guess I should add how to attempt to get them removed when it is time. Get a credit report from all three bureaus, then you will have a credit report number, you then contact the credit bureau with your name, social security number, credit report number and give them the account numbers for the accounts you want to get removed. You would either ask for an early exclusion or dispute the items as too old to report. You can do this by phone, email or letter. Check each site for how to do this. Also if they first deny you an early exclusion, wait a week or so and try again, it seems that it depends on who you talk to or who reads your online dispute as to whether you will have success or not.