Question

Posted in Taxes

krisskross1500

State Tax Lien removable?
The state of Louisiana said I did not pay my state taxes for tax year 1995. A tax lien was posted on my credit report in 2002. Due to the purchase of a new home recently, I needed to satisfy the tax lien. The tax lien is now paid off and I have a confirmation letter. Will this remain on my credit report for another 7 years after I paid it or can I have it removed now that it is paid in full?

CA state tax lien removed

Good morning.  I have a state tax lien on my credit for the amount of $1,437.00, in which is now cleared.  Can anyone advise me if my credit score will increase, and what the average point increase i should expect?  

Please advise.

Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

Sorry, but unless you were able to a "pay for delete" agreement with the state (and it usually does not happen with government entities) it is going to have to remain on the credit report for 7 years.