Question

Snoogums79

Spouse added me to all his cards why do they all look like new accts, why is it hurting me so much?
Should I be removed or close the ones we have the same of? They are all paid 100% of the time. I don't want to have no history if we split?

Most Helpful Response

Authorized Users get the same as Primary

If you were added as an Authorized user to the accounts, they 'should' be reporting the exact same information on your report as his.  If they are not, then there was a reporting error and you may need to write a letter to the bank to rectify the situation.  Should the bank reply with some crap about their own policies, simply point to the rules of the FCRA and remind them that reporting incorrect information is illegal.  They are required to report the actual open dates and payment information as they happened - even for an authorized user that didn’t have access to the account from the start.

Unfortunately should they decide to stand on some bank policy after that and still not make the correction with the credit bureaus, you may have to provide a copy of your husband's credit report along with the bank's replies to the credit bureaus in a written dispute to them while asking that they investigate the situation on their own.

Not old accounts either

Accounts are 15-20 years old with no pages on both ends. 

Snoogums79

Sorry no late payments on either end and we both have 15-25 year history with good credit. His is going up and mine is going down. I added him a long time ago and he is just now adding me because he had a lot of debt on them. They are all paid in full now and yet credit karma doesn't show this. Why are all agencies so behind and telling me I have high debt ratio. I need to refinance my home and it's hurting more than helping as this must be done due to divorce 8 years ago.