Question

ChrisTK

soon-to-be dropout trying to build credit without a cosigner help?
I would look at the previous responses, but times have changed in four years. But I'm 18 and trying, desperately, to build credit. I can't find a cosigner and haven't started paying my student loans off yet. I am also trying to get a car so I can actually accept better jobs and more hours, as nobody will give me a reasonable job knowing I rely on buses to get everywhere in this city. But I can't without a credit, which I don't how or know how to get considering nobody is offering me a card, obviously. I looked at student credit cards but by the time I can actually afford one, considering I'm moving out and need to refocus my money on rent, I won't be a student either. I also can't find a full time job and trust me, I've been looking! So if anyone can offer some advice I'd love it cause two part time jobs ain't working and I know I could find a better job, it's just transportation issues and nobody is willing to fully trust me knowing my transportation is very iffy.

Do you have a Budget of where you money is going now?

Do you have any monies saved up to buy a car with Cash?

To buy a car without a cosigner you will need about 2 or 3 years of solid Credit History ( no black marks on your Credit Report) and employment history.  Then you will have to worry about the monthly payment.  ( Better to purchase a 1000 to 2000 dollar car )

ChrisTK

Yes, obviously. I can't just spend money on stuff I don't need. I usually put $25 in my savings, moving up to $50 when I get my other job earnings situated, and take out $25 per check to spend as I please. Usually that keeps me good until the next check as I get paid bi-weekly. 

No to the second one as I've been busy saving up for an apartment first.

The first reply reminded me that some people like to act smart and assume things, just because they think they know the situation and don't know anything obviously. So to clairfy, which I shouldn't have to but guess I will, I am dropping out due to financial reasons. I don't have the money to pay off $2,000. I'm barely making $500 a month as is. So I had to drop out. I've found multiple jobs farther out but many of them see me as a bus-rider and don't want to depend on that. So screw off jwsister. It's not giving up if I literally can't afford it. 

icuhowie

jwsister is just telling you like it is.

if folks dont tell us much it had to give any answer that would be useful.

ChrisTK

Exactly HOW? I know very well I shouldn't drop out but to assume I did so for stupid reasons is straight up BS. Look at my past in the previous city I lived in, I couldn't find a job there to save my life. And I applied at place after place for two years straight and got nothing. Not even part-time. I had to wokr at a temp agency to make ends meet and even they gave me the worst jobs, hours, and pay possible despite the fact that I was the youngest and healthiest person there who could easily do the other jobs the older, and less healthy, men and women were getting. Two of them even wanted to trade because they couldn't take the physical demands and I wanted to and got told a good ole no for no reason other than location, which made no sense considering I lived down the street from the factory and walked past it on a daily basis for school. So he can't tell me to "grow up" considering 1) I had to mature and grow up fast from my childhood, 2) I pay all my own bills and that includes attempting to pay off these **** loans from the school (which is happily collected intrest cause the schools not making it easy for me to find out who to give a check to, keep telling me to wait and I know by then the bills gonna be reflecting said interest rates), 3) I live on my own, work two jobs, and am about to be homeless if I can't find a place to live and 4) Don't know me at all. 

Reality bites,doesn't it?   I had never had problems finding work until after I got my divorce and a later earned Bachelor's degree was no help. You are planning on dropping out of school which, in the eyes of potential employers, makes you a "quitter." and they don't want to train an employee just to have them quit in the future.  Transportation is not the whole problem, but your attitude is.  Until you show that you are determined to finish something you have started, you are not going to get anywhere in this world. Think it over and do some growing up, fast!

ChrisTK

Give me $2,000 I don't have to pay for college, maybe I'll stay.