Question

KARBBS

Son's identity stolen
I recently ordered my son's birth cert online & never rec'd it. I'm concerned someone stole it to try to steal his identity. How do I ck in his? He is only 14

you ordered it thats suprising that stuff  usually has to be done in person....best think you could do is a put an alert on from the 3 major beauras a frezze I think woud be to large of a step an alert they are suppose to verify the transaction b4 its approved given its a pain to undo but an alert they are suppose to verify the transaction b4 its approved atleast until you find the ordered birth certificate frezze is so full proof though thats its very hard to undo but 100% guarenteed an alert is is probably about 95% guarenteed but way easy to get taken off when needed

this requires you to contact all 3 individually in order to get the process started best of luck......hope for the best and prepare for the worst

Your son is 14 so not legally able to enter into any contracts.  That fact will negate any credit cards, loans, etc without affecting his credit in the future.

How long has it been since you ordered his birth certificate?  Sometimes, those things take weeks to arrive unless you paid extra for fast shipping.  Check with the records department to make sure it HAS been shipped (I had to sign for mine when FedEx brought it) before going into a panic.

KARBBS

My sister's sister in law had this done to her when she was only 12 & she didn't find out until she was 18 & was applying for a student loan. The sad thing is, it was her mom who opened all the credit cards in her name. She did the same thing to my sister's husband but his was done after he was 18 so he was able to sue her & get the judgement in his favor that he wasn't responsible for the 30K cc debt she racked up, but his sister went thru heck trying to prove she was only 12 when this happened & not 18. Their mom is a big con artist & she was smart to keep payments up on hers & did for a little whe on his but eventually it caught up to her

I ordered it back on 10-1-13. I finally got ahold of vital records person & she actually was very helpful & sent my another via UPS & I got it yesterday. I will look into the alert thing. Do I do that by contacting the 3 bureaus? Thx everyone for all ur help