Question

CMorRich

Someone has bought a house and car in my name
When I got my credit report I was asked about my mortgage company and auto loan. I have neither. How can I find out who and where has these in my name. Also someone has taken two bank loans for $37,000.00, all while I can't get a prepaid bankcard. What can I do about this?

Most Helpful Response

also....

When you register for a credit report online, some questions regarding your personal information are actually false.... they are meant to identify the REAL person.  So they may ask if what your mortgage payment is, even though they KNOW you never had a mortgage.  Just answer truthfully and you will get your report.  If that fails, you may want to contact the credit bureaus directly and in writing, because you might have fraud on your report.

Did they give you any name choices including "none of the above"? This was just a way to verify that you are the party whose credit report is being requested.

On those loans showing up.....file disputes with the credit bureau(s) reporting them.  THEY are the ones who will have to investigate those entries.  Likely, they are just an error and that should be cleared quickly. 

Stolen ID

how do i find out that someone has bought a car in my name