Question

gastanl

someone got a credit card in my name when i was 14?
I there is a report on my credit from when I was 14. how do I dispute this?

Most Helpful Response

You were a minor.

You were a minor at the time the card was issued, but your age made you ineligible to get a credit card.  File a dispute with the reporting agency (check all 3 to be certain) and let them know you were a minor at the time the card was issued and it was done by some unknown person using your ID.  They'll have to investigate and take the proper action.

As a safety note, do not carry your Social Security card with you and keep all sensitive information in a safe place (personal safe, lock box, safety deposit box).  You seldom need those ID items but, to a thief, they're like diamonds!!