Question

mlwmom

someone applied for a loan using my information-how can I stop it?
Someone is using my information, including work information to apply for loans...using my social and phone numbers, but not my checking account...how can I flag my credit to not respond unless legitimate.

Contact the three credit bureaus and ask for their help.  If you get copies of all three credit reports and dispute the errors/wrong loans, then they can help put a halt to this. And DO NOT be carrying your social security card with you.  Keep it in a lock box/personal safe to remove only when absolutely necessary.