Question

Bamanash

Somebody put a mortage in ny name? I need your help

Are you sure that wasn't just an answer on the security questions when setting up an account? Security questions will have incorrect answers (intentionally) and this often confuses people. If you are looking at an actual credit report and see the mortgage that is not yours, then you need to contact the credit bureau to get it straighten out. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites.

I had this happen to me. It was a mistake by the credit bureaus. Someone with a similar name and SSN somehow got mixed up with me. It took me years to correct this. They kept opening accounts, it would default, and then go on my reports. I had to dispute every one of them.

If you see the mortgage company listed on your report, contact them first and ask what is up. Make sure there isn't an ongoing issue with someone using your identity, or a mix up.

Then, go to the credit bureau website and register. Then file a formal dispute.