Question

tnycos

Somebody able to help me out?
I have had a couple of usual credit issues. I had a voluntary repo and then one I couldn't/wouldn't pay at the time. I have had a credit card for around a year or a little more. My score last I checked was around a 520. I max the card on groceries more often than not. Paid in full at the start of every month. I am a disabled vet, so not a whole hell of a lot of money coming at me. Is there something I could do to help boost my credit quick. The card has not made as much a difference as I was hoping it would. I would love to get my family into a home, not a rental.

From one disabled vet to another.

I really suggest you read the articles on this site (see under Resources on the left of this page) so you can get a good understanding of how credit works and how to make it work for you.  Maxing out a card every month is not a good idea because HOW you use a card and how much available credit you have is what really counts.  I do my groceries via cash or check.  The repos hurt, too.  One thing you want tok avoid is negative remarrks on your credit reports which (as you'll read) should be checked once a year to make sure any errors are cleared up right away.

Credit Karma was set up to help individuals learn how to use credit and to build and maintain a good credit score so their credit will also work for their benefit.  There are also tools to use in seeing what certain actions would do (good or bad) to credit.  I was trained in accounting and management and I learned quite a bit on this site.  You can, too.

Eventually, you may be able to buy a home for your family, but not right now.  Work on building your credit score so that you CAN, okay?  And, you can build your score even on disability.  I did, and am still working on it.