Question

robinsummers

Some of the credit cards are my nieces accts. Helped her with her credit. She has been late not me
I helped my niece pay off her bills by letting her charge on 3 of my credit cards and helped her finance a car loan. She pays the bills monthly but is always late. I can prove payments are from her. How can I explain that on my credit report that these are not of my doing. I don't have the money to pay them all off or I would. I have never had bad credit like this and I don't know what to do about it. I know Im responsible for the credit card charges and if she didn't pay them I would take them over but she is paying them just doing it late which is hurting me. What can I do?

The credit cards are in your name so that is who the companies hold responsible.  You signed the agreement with the company.  They have no knowledge of, nor do they care about, any payment agreement made between you and your niece.

If, when you said you "helped" niece get her car loan, you co-signed the loan, what you actually did was to guarantee that she makes the payments on time or you would be responsible for the loan and make sure it got paid.  So...that will show on your credit report.

Situations such as yours are very good reasons NOT to co-sign for anyone, no matter how much you love them.