Question

Jakesassybaby

Some of my credit cards are closed how do I get them off my report?
They've sent me notices that the account is closed, but they still show up on my report.

Most Helpful Response

They will stay on your reports for a certain number of years. Most negative accounts remain for seven years and most accounts closed in good standing remain for ten or more years. Never try to remove accounts that were closed in good standing. Many people really hurt their credit by doing that.

Jakesassybaby

Thanks, wish it wasn't so long. Trying to get a loan for a new roof on the house and I can't wait 7 years :(