Question

imusic07

Some accounts on open collections are also appearing on my closed collections?
I want to pay my open collections off to better my score, but some of the accounts also show up in my closed collections accounts tab - any idea why that might be?
Also, I have 2 telephone companies that show up twice on my open account, is it possible the original debt was sent to 2 different collection agencies? If that's the case, do I now owe double?

You do not owe double, you still only one.  Find out who owns the debt and pay that firm.  You could negotiate lower payment and you can negotiate them to delete the debt if you pay it off.    The probably appear under closed as they were aged and transfered to a different firm.   The point is to pay them off and have them removed if at all possible.

AndreaWH

When you say "find out who owns the debt" do you mean the original creditor?  Or pay the company that represents them?