Question

wiivile

Soft pulls on Credit Karma
How do I look at my soft pulls on my Equifax or Transunion credit reports on Credit Karma? I am interested to see how often Chase has soft pulled my report to offer preapprovals.

Soft pulls are not reported and you cannot see them.   In reality, Chase never pulled a single soft pull on you for you to get the preapproval.    Chase gives information to the credit bureau with credit figures they like.   For example, they will tell the credit burear to tell them anyone who has a 700 or higher score and has utilization under 10%.   The credit bureau will send them a list  (you can opt out of this service)  which will include your contact information.   Based on this list alone, they will contact you about the preapproval.   When you make the actual application, they will pull the hard inquiry and make a determination at that time.   All credit card companies receive these lists.   They are basic qualification lists, nothing more.   When you go to a credit card company's website to see if you pre-qualify, they actually just compare your information to the list they already received from the bureau, if you are on the list, then you are pre-qualified.