Question

mgriggs

Soft Pull of My Child's Credit
I would like to monitor my child's credit via soft pull to be on the lookout for identity theft. The problem is he's only 10.5 months old. Do you guys (or any other programs) allow for monitoring of our child's credit if they are not of age to use your site? Or do I have to fetch an annual hardcopy from the gov't?

The government does not provide credit reports. annualcreditreport.com is the site where you can obtain a free credit report. There are three credit reporting bureaus participating in this. You get one free from each of them every 12 months. Obtain a free one from one of them every 4 months. That is more than enough for a child.

I don't know if you can set up an account for a minor here on CK.

No one under the age of majority (18) can enter into any contracts, which is what credit accounts are.  So, there should be no need to monitor your child's credit.  Just keep their Social Security Card in a lockbox until such time it is needed (which is very few times in one's lifetime) to prevent the risk of identity theft.