social security number still visible on verification of debt
I received a verification of debt today which was inadvertently delivered to my neighbor who opened the mail. Seeing the documents did not belong to her, she immediately brought them to my house. She also noticed on the documents that the social security number was not masked and was erased using a black marker which was not enough since the social security number was still visible. Should I contact the consumer protection bureau to file a complaint? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.