Question

CodeMonkey77

So, What's The Magic Voodoo Chant Needed to Apply for AmEx Card?
I don't understand AmEx. CK says that I have a 'Very Good' chance to get an EveryDay card through AmEx which has a 15-month 0% on transfers. The maximum APR is still lower than a couple of my other cards, so no brainer.

I click on CK's Apply Now link and it takes me to AmEx. I click their Apply Now button which brings me to a screen to either verify my Credit Account Number or Log in. I'm applying for a card, so that's not an option, but I don't have an account at all, so I can't log in. I click for first time users, Register Here. It again asks me to sign in to my Online Account. I don't have one, but I'm trying. Under that, it says "don't have an account? Start Here". So I click on it. Guess what? It wants my credit card number to set up the account!!

And this is the actual site, not a phishing site. Certificates verified and all. It makes no sense.

Sounds like a bad link.

Try a fresh browser and type in americanexpress. com   It should take you to the site where you can apply.

the links on CK are where the funding for theis site come from, so be a little leary about the recomendations.  They get paid for the click weather you are approved or not so it's to CK's benifit to lead you to beleive that you will be apporved. 

AmEx is one of the hardest to qualify for, Be sure that your average Credit score is above 700 and your utilization is below 30% when you apply for the best results.