Question

MelK10

So what do I do now? HELP
So I had some medical bills that went into collections. They split it up in to 3 diffrent Collections on my report all to the same company. Totaling about $1,000. I spoke to the collection agency about setting up a payment plan. They told me that I had to apply to set up a payment plan. They wouldn't even take a payment until I fill out some paperwork requesting a payment plan to see if I'm approved. But I asked the lady, If I pay in full will they delete the debt from my credit report. She said no, they will only update it as paid. So now what do I do? I don't want to make payments to it if it's not going to help my credit? And I've already admitted that the debit is mine by talking about setting up a payment plan. But I don't want to fill out some paperwork requesting a payment plan already knowing that they aren't going to remove it from my credit report. HELP

Sorry, but they don't HAVE to do a pay for delete.  That is the creditor's option, not a legal requirement.  And these medical bills will show on your credit until paid, or until the 7 year reporting period ends.  Paying them will be a positive on your credit even though it may show that they had gone to collections before being paid.  You do want to stack up as many positives as you can.

Please take the time to read the articles presented on this site because they do explain how credit works and how to build a good credit score.  I learned a lot and I have a degree in accounting.