Question

lexzampi89

So recently, my SSN has been compromised.
By my own stupid doing I accidentally gave out my SSN by filling out an email from what appeared to be "Wells Fargo". I put a 90 day freeze on my SSN. I have the option of extending it to 7 years if I think it is necessary. Is it? Is the 90 days long enough or should I extend it to 7 years?

Most Helpful Response

I permanently froze my account 4 years ago and never regretted it, but it's not for everyone.  I don't need any new credit, so there is no reason for me to have my credit report pulled every few months.  Therefore, it's easy for me.  However, if you do purchase items on credit throughout the year, permanent (7 year) freeze can be a pain because you have to "thaw" your credit before anyone can run a report.  It doesn't take long, nor is it hard to do, just an extra step you have to take.  So, entirely up to you.  Hope this helps.