so creditkarma uses transunion, quizzle uses experian, what uses equifax?

mattcornelius

Most Helpful Response

Credit sesame shows you your Experian report and calculates your score according to its algorithm. It updates monthly and has been accurate in terms of score and information.

Response by
anwesharry

Just to let you know, your credit score and fico scores are two separate scores.

Response by
lmwilliams2009

Equifax

Equifax has a free score risk on it's site.

Response by
johnhard

Credit Sesame Uses Experian

As stated above:  Credit Karma--TranUnion; Credit Sesame--Experian; and Quizzle--Equifax.

Just use the free services as a gauge.  Experts will say the reason to check all three is to see if there is a huge discrepancy among them.  Forgive me for assuming, but it seems that most of us who have tapped into these services have damaged credit.  I would not recommend purchasing any of the alerts or extra stuff.  Remember, if marks on your credit are valid--no one can have them removed for you--it just takes time.  The damage becomes less as time goes on.  Just stay on top of your current credit.  Also, try for a secured card--it does help, because it increases your revolving credit.

If you're about to buy a house--I'd say just bite the bullet, pay $45 and purchase all three scores because you never know what bureau the lender will use.  But, if you're just watching because you are patiently waiting for the bad debt to fall off, use these free services as a gauge.  Also, if you happen to qualify for Discover--you get your FICO in your monthly statement.  Catch 22 though--Discover tends to require higher credit score.

Last note on Secured Cards--look into Wells Fargo--they have a Secured Card that graduates into a regular card--which is fabulous.  Once it "graduates" after 6, 9, or 12 months of good history they send you a check for the amount you secured, but the available credit remains the same.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the advantage to checking all three keeps me much more diligent about my spending and mindful of my credit.  It's kind of nice to have a credit barometer that you can (hopefully!) watch go up over time and with good behavior!

Good luck to everyone.  Lastly, check out what this guy has to say, his videos are helpful if not just informative.  http://www.thecreditsolutionprogram.com

Not connect to him at all--just found his videos helpful!

Again, good luck!

Response by
GardenYogi

Just to be clear, your credit score and fico scores are different. They will be different numbers.

Response by
lmwilliams2009

As of right now there is no free site that pulls your equifax score but you can still get a free credit report by going to annualcreditreport.com

Response by
tg101688

there's a difference between free score sites which are all fako and not fico scoring, it's not a scam cause everyone has their own scoring method.

Response by
distantarray

The whole credit world is nebulous to most people. Even if you know the difference between credit reporting agencies and credit scoring algorithms, and the difference between TransUnion scores, VantageScores, and FICO scores, there are still MULTIPLE different versions of FICO scores out there (it gets revised every year, and banks have to vet the new scores before using them, so some banks use the 2004 scoring algorithm, some the 2008, etc. Crazy.).

MonocleCollector

Exactly. It's not a scam, but it's definitely something users of any "free credit score" site -- or in fact, any non-FICO credit score site need to be more aware of. CK uses TransUnion -- but its a special type of TransUnion score (TransRisk) that's sold to the public. It's a different TransUnion score than your bank will get when you apply for a loan. Crazy, but that's how it is. At one time, I paid  a monthly fee to access what was supposedly my Experian score and report -- only to discover when I applied for a mortgage that my "real" Experian score was a whomping 50 points lower (730 instead of the 780 I was being told each month). Infuriating -- especially if you're paying good money to learn your score -- but not really a scam, since the information on score differences is out there for those who dig for it.

Clairissa

myfico.com using Equifax, and I believe it's your actual FICO score.  It says it is anyways.

Response by
scottsupremacy

But it's not free: 

You will not be billed unless you decide to keep Score Watch® beyond your 10-day free trial period. Your credit card information will only be used if you do not cancel prior to the end of your free trial – you can cancel at any time during your 10-day free trial. After your free trial converts, a 3 month minimum subscription applies.

McApril

**UPDATE**

In one of my previous posts, I said that there were no free sites for equifax, but that was a few years ago. Quizzle now uses Equifax's Vantage Score 3.0 and no longer uses Experian's CE score.

Here is a list of free credit score sites (no credit card needed) along with the credit bureau they use:

• www.creditkarma.com - TransUnion
  • www.quizzle.com - Equifax
  • www.creditsesame.com - Experian
  • www.credit.com - Experian

Response by
tg101688

yes quizzle says i have a 687 but i have a 609 with annual credit report.co 

Response by
reid24

Submit to the Community