Question

ian4456

Sliding Balances Using Multiple Balance Transfers
I was trying to find if I'd be able to slide my balances between a couple cards using balance transfers and I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out with this. Here's my idea, I would like to apply for the Chase Slate Card (I already have a decent history with Chase), and then use the slate card to transfer my balance from my Citi diamond preferred card. After that I'd use my Citi diamond preferred card to transfer my balance from my Chase freedom card. My Chase freedom card recently lost the introductory rate and I'd really like to get as much off of that as I can to drop the interest its accruing. My citi diamond preferred card still is 0% for another 12 months and the slate would be interest free for 15. Is this feasible or is there a better way to do this that I'm not seeing?

Most Helpful Response

Impossible to say.  The tricky thing with balance transfer cards is that typically when you need one your utilization is high which doesn't help with approval odds, limits or APR's.  Also consider any relevant BT fees.

It's not just your history with a creditor that matters but your credit and income as well.

ian4456

Well I was approved for the chase slate and I was able to allocate some of my credit from my freedom card in addition to my approval amount so i definitely have the room to slide the total balances. I'm now just curious if citi will be wondering why im transferring some off and then some onto it and deny my balance transfer. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.