Question

Searchingforanswers

Skipping a car payment
I am trying very hard to rebuild my credit score. I have no 30 day lates showing on my report. However, I have been offered to skip a car payment by my lender in order to quit occurring late charges. I would rather pay the late fee than have a skipped payment negatively effect my credit score. I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere.

You're still hurting yourself and your credit by paying late. Either make your payments on time, or ask them to change the due date so you are able to make timely payments.

You need to ask your lender if skip a payment option would be reported as late payment, good chance it's not a late payment.