Question

greasy23

Skipped Payments
I have moved several times since my first year in college and have recently started getting statements from my only Student Loan saying I am 215 days past due. I knew I had this loan but figured since I have been in and out of school my payments for it just had not started yet. After digging further they had my mother's phone number and have been calling her instead of myself (she thought it was a scam/telemarketer). The skipped payments are obviously hurting my credit what should I do/say when contacting them? What is the BEST way to fix the Past Due amount without having to pay the full Past Due Amount?

Contact your loan servicer and see if they will work out a payment plan with you.  Make sure they have your latest info so you don't have this problem again.