Single Mother climbing the corporate ladder, but debt is ruining opportunities
Hello, I won a large sum of money on a game show while I was in college. The taxes were not deducted from the winnings before they were presented to me and I did not pay them in. I owe approximately $40,000 in back taxes. In addition, I have about $40,000 in student loans to pay off. I am just starting in my career (as a single mother) and am making approximately $40,000/year. I have the potential to earn six figures if I work my butt off, but I am coming across A LOT of roadblocks because of my poor credit history. Does anyone have ANY advice as to how I could reduce my monthly payments, or consolidate my loans? I really am working my way up the corporate ladder, but am having a lot of challenges with company expense reimbursements because I have so much money being taken out of my check, that I cannot afford to "front" the money for business expenses, and I also cannot get approved for a credit card. Help! :)