Question

Mirico

Should my score go down by 40 points just because i didn't not use a card for a month?
I always pay my cards in full and use less then 20% of my available credit. I have very good credit score for months (770+).
However, all of the sudden my credit score went down by 40 points. Apparently, this happened because I have not used my AMEX card for one month, hence $0 balance.
Then when i used my card next month and i put $70 charge on it, it dropped my score by 40 points. Again, all of my monthly charges are always paid in full

What should I do? Should my score go down by 40 points just because i didn't not use a card for a month? Should i dispute it? Where should i call?

Thank you very much, I really need to keep an eye on my score as I am looking to apply for mortgage. This drop of 40 points is silly

Same Here

I used my credit card and utilized the full credit amount, but paid it off when my statement came.  No carry over at all.  My score dropped 83 pts!  No one can tell me why.