Question

geek2334

Should I wait until the statement is generated to make the payment?
I'm just starting in united states and as I didnt have any credit history I have taken a $400 secured credit card.

I ended up maxing out in couple of weeks.. in order to restore the available credit I transferred the utilized amount from my checking to credit card. Until now statement has not be generated.

What I'm not clear is the interim payment I do to restore my credit limit would have any effect on increasing my credit score or only the timely payment I do after getting the credit card statement would boost my credit score.

Pl. Advice. Thanks in Advance!