Question

bonespock

Should I try to get this removed from my report? If so, how?
I graduated from college in December of 2008, and I moved out of my (campus) apartment in February 2009. My roommate was moving in a few months, so I decided to be nice and (foolishly) let him keep my Reliant electric account, since I was moving in with my parents anyway. Well, a couple of years ago, I was running my credit to buy a house and discovered that I owed $280! At the time, I was told that letting it age out of my credit report was the best solution, and that bringing it back up would be bad. Well, it turns out that a collections agency is after me. I can pay the $280, but my question is – should I? I can probably prove that I moved out before the charges were incurred, if that would make any sort of difference, but since the delinquency is current, there is clearly no reason to not deal with it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Most Helpful Response

Just pay it. It's a small amount of money to have as a delinquency on your account. If it was in your name, it's your responsibility. Pay it and move on.