Question

frances1924

Should I try to get installment loan to pay off collection that has gone to attorney?
I have received a letter from an attorney regarding medical bills that I owe to a local hospital here. I called the hospital and they referred me to their collection agency. The collection agency told me it had been referred to an attorney but I could still make payment arrangements with the collection agency. However, she went on to say the attorney will still file suit and get a judgment. I have worked very hard on my credit but credit score is still not too high. Should I try to get an installment loan to pay off this judgment? I am not sure I can even qualify for one. I have made small payments to the hospital but apparently it has not been paid off fast enough.

Before you pay anything, find out who exactly owns that debt. It dose not sound right that when you pay the debt "before" the lawsuit is filed, then Attorney would still go thru with the suit. There are people making arrangements to pay the debt, literally the min before they walk into the court rooms and suit is dropped. The whole reason to pay it now is to advoid judgements or other further action taking by creditors... It's likely that collection agency no longer owns that debt, they just want your money. Also how old is that debt, be sure to check your State's Statute Of Limitations from being sued.