Question

Arguseyes

Should I sign my cards or print "ask for id" in the space provided?

I personally put "see ID" on the back of all my cards. I feel it helps protect me, whether it really does or not. I also like the fact my signature isn't on them. If a high dollar amount is charged, most cashiers will ask for ID which should catch fraud.

To really protect yourself, you should sign up online with all your credit card lenders and have alerts sent to your email and/or texted to you.  If any fraud occurs, you can notify the creditor immediately.