Question

ejjr50

Should I send the credit bereaus a letter demanding it be removed?
I have recently sent off a request for validation of debt to a origional creditor of an old debt that is showing up on my credit report. I got a letter back one week later stating they could not provide valadation of the debt because the account was sold. They provided me with the number of the debt collection agency. I did not call them because the debt collection agency is not showing on any of my credit reports. The original creditor is the only one showing on my report. It has almost been 7 years since the date of last payment and therefor the account is due to come off my report may of next year. I am trying to buy a house and need it gone before then. What are my options? I am confused with what to do because the credit agency is not showing up at all on any of my credit reports. I do not want to open this up to be reported since it is not being reported now. Should I just wait for the origional creditor to fall off or should I send the credit bereaus a letter demanding it be removed since the origional creditor said they could not valadate?

Yeah, you don't have to get nasty with the credit bureaus, they actually work for you just as much as the creditors. Just write the bureaus showing proof that the acount should be removed. Also when you are trying to validate your debt; its best to write the credit bureaus the letters you sent to your creditors because if they could not prove it; it must be removed from your credit file regardless if you actually owe. Plus the info must be 100% accurate. Correct address and names, account balances, etc or by law it must be removed. Look of the Fair credit reporting act.......