Question

nodebtnocredit

Should I report debts I paid if nothing is on my report? - IRS student loan
In 2011, I paid off a long delinquent debt to both the IRS and my student loan. My credit reports have nothing listed, no debt, or repayment of debt. Should I get payment of these debts listed? How do I get a debt listed as payed if the bureas haven't picked up on the debt?

Most Helpful Response

You can't report accounts to the bureaus, only lenders that work with the credit bureaus can do that. Get yourself a Secured credit card to start building credit if need be. Many articles on here and across the web on how to build a heathy credit profile.

nodebtnocredit

Should I try to get the accounts reported? Contact IRS and....student loan people? Or just leave it be and start from scratch?

Can I get this debt payment documented somehow?

I have zero credit history...yet I paid a delinquent $20,000 and became debt free 4 years ago...it seems like this might make me more credit-worthy.