Question

ljrdar38

Should I remove my name from my husbands Credit card?
My name is on my husbands credit card and its almost at the limit. if i take my name off the card will it remove that card from my credit therefore reduce my debt/credit ratio? it is almost maxed out, but no late payments on it.

Yes and No!

If the account is a joint account then it will be hard to remove yourself from the account until its paid off.  If it his account and your only a signer on the account, you can remove yourself from the account. Be aware that by removing yourself from the account will also lower your available credit which will also lower your score. So it becomes a double edge sword.  With out seeing the rest of your report its hard to say what the overall outcome you could expect would be.