Question

720insight

Should I remove my name from a credit card on which I am an authorized user, with a high balance?
My husband opened a credit card with a $6,000 limit 3 years ago. I am an authorized user on the card, but don't use or need the card. I have several other credit cards with perfect payment history and great credit utilization ratios. This is the only card that is causing problems to my credit. Chase is willing to remove me from the card as an authorized user, and it will no longer be reflected on my credit report. Will removing this card from my portfolio increase or decrease my score?

Get removed if it has a high utilization that will not be paid down any time soon.