Question

lts2008

Should I remain in my debt settlement program?
In Nov 2015 I lost my second job decreasing our income. So we started a debt settlement program with CNI, because we were unable to pay all of our debts. Since then our credit has dropped Me-520 Wife-580 due to missed payments on debt in program. We now have increased our incomes Wife makes $40k and I make $40k with increase to $55k+ in next 2 years. We would like to purchase our first home as soon as we can. However, we realize we need to pay down the debt and increase our credit score. Should we get out of the settlement program as it continues to damage our credit due to debts not being paid? Or should we continue to use the program and pay down as much as we can on other debts and allow company to settle these debts? My wife's only debt that has ever been late is in the program should we take it and pay it to help her credit first? All advice is appreciated as my wife and I are young and looking to learn and better ourselves. I just took out a small secured card for $500 and will keep the utilization down below 10% on it with hopes to help my credit.
Below is total debt we owe:

Wife’s C.C.- $3,075.00 charged off in program to be settled (her only late or damaging debt)
Car 1- $4,224.00 current with no missed or late payments
Lending Club- $4,993.00 in program settled
Avant- $5,094.00 in program to be settled
My C.C.- $7,598.00 charged off in program to be settled
My student loans- $19,000.00 current no missed or late payments
Car 2- $30,081.00 current no missed or late payments
TOTAL DEBT $74,065.00

Can anyone help with advice?

Can anyone help with advice?

I can better answer some of your questions if I have more info. First, tell me more about this debt settlement program you are in. Do you make one monthly payment that is distributed between the outstanding debts? If not, tell me how it works. Also, can you give me an idea of how much you pay per month to your debt under this program. It looks like based on the information you provided, that you have a little over $20K to pay off under this program. How many months/years before all the debt in the debt settlement is paid in full?