Question

Bunkman

Should I Refi my home from a 30 to a 15 and cash out to pay off bills?
I have recently bought a truck, a boat and have a personal loan, and about 7k in credit card debt. I am 50 and will be retiring in 15 years. Should I take advantage of low interest rates and refi my home from a 30 year 3.5% fixed to a 15 year 3.75% fixed and roll all my debts into the loan? This would put the house paid at the time of my retirement and all my bills as well. I have about 100K in equity and would be left with about 20K of that if I refi. HELP!

Why wouldn't you just apply more money to your debts each month without redoing everything? Or do you get a penalty for paying off the mortgage early as it stands now?

Stay with the 3.5% fixed you have now.  If you refi, you do have to pay appraisal fees and going for a higher interest rate is not smart.  Just work on paying off the bills now.  If you get the other bills paid off, you can add what you have been paying on them to your mortgage payment and achieve a faster payoff.