Should I push to get my mortgage payments on my credit report?
I filed for bankruptcy in 2010 where I intended to reaffirm my mortgage but I filed without an attorney and missed a step so the bank thinks my mortgage is discharged from me personally. But I still have my loan and even got it modified in 2012 so that should "reaffirm" the debt. My mortgage co says they aren't reporting to agencies because of my discharge. The account is not even listed. SO - is it better for my credit to not show the debt ($100K++) or is it better to show the payment history and time the account's been open? Which way will increase my credit score?