Question

grateful2dodgeloanbullet

Should I pay the last dollar on my student loan?
I have just a few dollars left on the student loans, and am paid ahead until around 2022. I could pay them off and get the satisfaction of seeing the account gone... but if I just leave the account open for a few years, will the payments be reported as 'on time'? And will this help my credit score?

I would just pay it off.

jwsister

Agreed.  Pay it off as soon as possible.  You save on the interest, it's a positive payment record on your credit reports and you won't have that bill to deal with from now on. Paying all debts in full as soon as possible is a smart objective and does good things for credit score.