Question

bbrey26

Should I pay? PFD?
I am 26 and I have 2 (5 year old) collection accounts. I want to pay them off but only if they delete them off. I've been reading that collection agencies aren't doing PFD anymore. Does anyone know if this is true? I also read that the older the account on your report the less impact it has on your score. True? and If i do pay these accounts one is for $2500.00 and the other $700 how much will my score go up?
Im trying to improve my credit but I only have one victoria secret credit card and my school loans. Is this enough to improve my score. I have 593 TU and 587 EQX. I was also looking into getting another credit card to help out with my score but not sure which one I have a good chance of getting. any ideas or advice

Thanks in advance

Some companies still do the PFD, you'll just have to call and find out.  If they agree, get it in writing before you pay off.  Yes, it is true that the older it is, the less impact it has on your score.  No telling how much your score will go up, but it will be an improvement.  Please realize that if unpaid, these will fall off 7 years from date they went delinquent.  If you don't manage the PFD, they will fall off 7 years after they are paid.  Paid collection is still better than an unpaid collection.  Hope this helps.

Any delinquent accounts will hurt

as far as i know, CA's will do a pay per delete, if it is part of a settlement. i.e. if you agree to a lump sum payment to settle the account,  As usual get any agreement in writting before paying. 
Even a current payment plan will help if that area.

as your stated, Yes, accounts over 2 years have less impact on your score, but any Derog remarks will still weigh heavily on your score no matter how old.  

I don't think you could secure any new lines of credit until you get those Derog's off your report.  IOnce you do, then you can look for new LOC's 

Addison170

EddyTX, I'm curious about your statement that Derog remarks weigh heavily on your score no matter how old.  Where did you get that info?  As far as I know, remarks are not figured into your score at all, although when a potential creditor sees them on your report it is a red flag.  

how do you do pfd

i have 3 account in collection and no one wants to do pay for deleted 

Addison170

Then you'll have to just wait for the accounts to fall off 7 years after you've paid them.  It still hurts less than having unpaid collections.  Or, you can risk them filing suit (depends on statute of limitations for your state, you'll need to Google that) and just wait for them to fall off unpaid 7 years from date they went delinquent.  Sorry!