Question

alep11

Should I pay off old Amex debt included in my Bankruptcy?
It's been 8 years since my BK and amex still won't even pull my credit report whenever I apply for a credit card.

Most Helpful Response

Should be off your report by now

That bankruptcy should be off your report by now, so the average lender won't even know it ever happened.

However, you're talking about trying to do business with one of the companies that you...well...pretty much screwed out of money.  They have your old information in their systems.  Good chance they will never do business with you again.  Can't say I blame them.  Put yourself in their shoes.  Bad investment on their part.

Best move for you is to forget about AMEX and pursue a totally different card from a company you've never done business with before.  there are plenty of options out there.  Move on from AMEX. 

I have good credit and AMEX won't touch me, but others have allowed me credit.  Who needs AMEX?  I don't. 

alep11

Seems like Amex has issues letting go . . . lol

As already said, forget about AMEX, there are plenty of other lenders out there that are easier to work with.

alep11

Thanks for your advice guys!