Question

RexxCastle

Should I Pay off my Student loan at once or Finish Payments
I am down to under $500, should i just finish it off or do the monthly payments help my credit score keep improving? The only other credit i have is a car loan. And i cant seem to get any credit cards at all so after my student loan is paid off my Car loan will be my only credit source.

You COULD pay off the student loans at once OR, since you haven't been able to get a credit card, try using part of that money to get a secured credit card at for---to help people get the straight truth about credit.

your bank or credit union so you can start building a good credit record.  Just continue with the regular payments and get ths card.

Also, I do recommend reading the articles and utilizing the tools on this site so you can see what actions hurt or improve your credit score.  That is what this site was set up--to help people get the straight truth on credit and how to use it.

AND You probably thought you were through  with your education??  NOT!!! You only quit learning when you die.

If you keep making payments, you'll eventually start getting credit card offers (unless you're paying late).  As long as you have at least 1 loan, you will continue to build credit.  So its fine if you want to pay off the student loan; its not going to increase or decrease your chance of getting approved for a credit card. 

School loan

My daughter fell behind 8 months said nothing I have been paying it now 9 months but the late payments r killing me, I am co-signer she owes 975.00 left should I pay it off or keep making the payments. The late payments dropped my credit score down