Question

MalFunkShun

Should I pay off my consolidation loan with a higher monthly payment? Or my closed credit card acct.
I have a consolidation loan through my credit union at $124/mo, and a closed credit card I've been paying ~50 a month on. Both are roughly the same amount of money. (~$1200)

Would it be wiser to pay off the loan first and use that money towards the credit card? Or vice versa? I have the money to pay off both right now, just can't decide which to pay off.

Most Helpful Response

If you have the money to pay both debts off right now, I suggest doing so.  It is best to have plenty of credit available for use and not use more than you can pay in full every month, than to be paying interest on something.

MalFunkShun

Sorry, I should have specified that I could pay off one or the other.