Question

Godfreygirl

Should I pay off my card balance before the closing date or before the due date?
My credit score has dropped 40 points in less than 3 months! I pay the balance off in full between the closing date and the due date every month. Is that hurting me? Should I be paying it off before the closing date? I am using about 50% of my limit every month which I know is too much but could that be all that's causing the 40 point drop in my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Make your payments later than closing date and before due date, and try to pay the balance in full as shown on each month's statement. You may be right about the 50% usage hurting your credit score, because that  certainly would do it.  Strive for a usage of 10% or less and pay in fuyll every month.  Those actions will help your score a lot.