Question

howzer74

Should I pay off my accounts in collections?
I have 4 accounts in collections 3 of them are almost 7 years old. Should I settle them or wait for them to go away when the 7 years is up. Also is there a site that will show me how settling the accounts will impact my score before I settle them.

Most Helpful Response

Settle / no impact

Settle is the right thing to do. You can probably settle for 10-25 cents on the dollar.

The damage has been done to your score. Paying or settling will not change.

Collections from 2011. Pay or no?

I have an account in collections from 2011. Should I pay it or let it go? What would be better to increase my credit score?