Question

havok224

Should I pay off credit card every month or leave a small balance to build credit fast?
I only currently have a car payment showing my middle score is about 615. I need to get my score to 660 I just applied for a credit card and was a approved that reports to all 3 bureaus. I have a collection I am paying of that is 3k but settled for half and is being payed off next week. Any advice now that I will have a credit card to build credit.

Most Helpful Response

It is foolish to pay interest when it isn't necessary, and that is what you would be doing if you left a balance on your credit card.  It also will not help build your credit. It appears you did not read all the articles provided by this site, so I advise you take the time to do so.  I did and the information is helpful.  My score is going up and I recently bought a new car at a low interest rate.  Can only do that when one has suceeded in improving their credit score.   Pay your account in full and follo[w the advice given here so you can reap the benefits of a good score. 

jwsister is correct listen to him