Question

raghu4228

should i pay my student loan from 7 years ago?
I was out of country for a while and missed my payments from almost 7 years(6 years and 9 months).. Should i pay the amount now(its not that bug of an amount)? or should i wait for the derogatory mark be removed from my credit report in 3 months. I am afraid that if i make a payment now the mark will carry on for the next 7 years again.... if i don't pay can you tell me what can be the consequences?

Since student loans remain collectable until paid in full, no matter how long it takes, you should pay it.

raghu4228

If they need to be paid on full thn why are they collection agency asking me to pay half the amount?