Question

BroncosOregon

Should I pay more monthly to my collections accts or to my credit cards?
I have four accounts in collections and due to more income, I am able to start paying monthly towards these accounts. My dilemma is whether or not I should focus on paying more each month towards the collection accounts, or whether I should focus more on the credit cards that I have. I really want these collection debts off my back quickly, but I am not sure which I should focus more attention to.

Most Helpful Response

Entering payment plans on collections is usually not a good idea.

You would be better to save up a chunk of money and then approach the collection company with a "pay for delete agreement" offer.

Paying collections does not normally remove them. Has the "statute of limitations" expired on the collection accounts yet? (to be sued for the debt).

Interest is always a factor in what to tackle first, but probably your open cards should be tackled first, every situation is different though, so do plenty of reading to help you in your decision.