Question

Minidez

Should I pay debts from companies that are trying to settle?
For example, I owe an old sprint bill. A company has reached to me on sprint's behalf to settle the debt through them. They give you 3 options; one is to pay it out in one shot at a discounted price, the other two options are to pay it over the course of 2 or 3 months. I know I always reading to pay the debt to the creditors directly but these options (especially the first one) is a bit tempting. Is this a good idea if I'm trying to increase my credit score as soon as possible?

Most Helpful Response

Also,learn about the Statute of Limitations on Collections as it is in your state.  There is a possibility the SOL has expired on one or more of those debts making them uncollectable.  

Minidez

Thank you!

Do some reading on "pay for delete agreements". Understand that you want these collection accounts REMOVED as just getting them marked as paid and closed doesn't benefit you nearly as well as getting the collections removed.

Minidez

Thank you!