Question

jonrhi

Should I pay a debt that's 1 year old?
I have an old medical equipment charge on my report. It has been there since 4/2015. I would have paid it before it come to my credit report but I honestly didn't realize it wasn't covered by my insurance at the time. At this point is it worth it to pay? It's only $186. Will it hurt me or help me? I have notice since I started improving my score, a few agencies for debts that have been removed have attempted to collect payment again.
I don't want to make anything worse by paying it.

Pay it, now.  Unless you want to deal with a collection agency.  And it will stay as part of your credit history for 7 years, but that's what happens with all accounts except for cases that are explainied in the articles I hope you take the time to read.